• Search the Site

04-27-2023 Questions and Answers

04-27-2023 Questions and Answers

04-27-2023 Questions and Answers 1200 628 Michelle Boyer

Q:  Our new president was told by our parish priest that he had the authority to shut us down if there were problems within our Conference. Can you give us some insight into this, as I was of the assumption that only our District Council has that authority?

A: The parish pastor does indeed have the authority at any point in time to tell the Conference to go away and not operate in his parish. We are present in parishes at the invitation of the pastor. However, priests do not have authority over the Conference operations. According to our Rule, the pastor and bishop are the Society’s authority only on matters of faith and morals.

Q: We have a Conference celebrating 80 years. Is there a certificate or some other form of acknowledgement available from National? The plan is to celebrate the Conference milestone at a district meeting.

A: A Certificate of Appreciation from the National Council is available in five-year increments for Conferences aggregated, Councils instituted, and for Special Works. For more information, contact Pam Hudson Johnson, phudson@svdpusa.org. You could also request a letter of congratulations from the National Council President.

Spanish Translation

P: Nuestro párroco le dijo a nuestro nuevo presidente que tenía la autoridad de cerrarnos si había problemas dentro de nuestra Conferencia. ¿Puede darnos una idea de esto, ya que yo estaba bajo la suposición que solo nuestro Consejo de Distrito tiene esa autoridad?

R: De hecho, el párroco tiene la autoridad en cualquier momento para decirle a la Conferencia que se vaya y no opere en su parroquia. Estamos presentes en las parroquias por invitación del párroco. Sin embargo, los sacerdotes no tienen autoridad sobre las operaciones de la Conferencia. De acuerdo con nuestra Regla (Cita), el Pastor y el Obispo son la autoridad de la Sociedad solo en asuntos de fe y moral.


P: Tenemos una Conferencia celebrando 80 años. ¿Hay algún certificado u otra forma de reconocimiento disponible de Nacional? El plan es celebrar el hito de la Conferencia en una reunión de distrito.

R: Un Certificado de Reconocimiento del Consejo Nacional está disponible en incrementos de cinco años para Conferencias agregadas, Consejos instituidos y para Obras Especiales. Para obtener más información, comuníquese con Pam Hudson Johnson, phudson@svdpusa.org.También puede solicitar una carta de felicitación del Presidente del Consejo Nacional.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

    Privacy Preferences

    When you visit our website, it may store information through your browser from specific services, usually in the form of cookies. Here you can change your Privacy preferences. It is worth noting that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer.

    Click to enable/disable Google Analytics tracking code.
    Click to enable/disable Google Fonts.
    Click to enable/disable Google Maps.
    Click to enable/disable video embeds.
    Our website uses cookies, mainly from 3rd party services. Define your Privacy Preferences and/or agree to our use of cookies.
    Skip to content