In keeping with Blessed Frédéric Ozanam’s vision of creating a network of charity around the world, the National Council of the United States, Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers a program connecting U.S. Conferences and Councils with Conferences and Councils in countries lacking the means to conduct their works of charity.
The International Twinning program is committed to sharing financial resources, creating cross-cultural friendships, and exchanging prayers.
Why Should My Conference Twin?
The Society is a Christian family whose members share their resources. Twinning cuts through language and cultural barriers and connects us in one Catholic and universal spirit of charity. Through Twinning, we can stand in solidarity with the world’s poor by assisting our Vincentian brothers and sisters as they care for neighbors in need in their own countries.
Due to the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar, even small pledges can make a huge difference in developing countries. In the Americas alone, there are 30 million people living on less than $2 a day. But a donation of just $100 can provide hundreds of pounds of rice or thousands of vitamins for adults and children in extreme poverty.
“We weekly visit the sick and pay funeral expenses. Every month we donate two pints of blood to the Institute of Cancer for a child who needs it. We help some sick neighbors get medicine … without your help, none of this would be possible.”
– Madre de Salvador Conference, Dominican Republic
How Can My Conference Twin?
- Talk to your Conference about International Twinning. Decide what country you would like to Twin with and how much you are able to share. The amount and frequency of your contribution are entirely up to you.
- Download an application and submit it to the International Twinning Coordinator.
- Upon approval, you will receive a welcome letter with more instructions and contact information for your new Twin.
- Send your contributions to the National Council (not directly to your Twin). In order to ensure accountability and compliance with federal guidelines, the National Council wires all Twinning funds quarterly in order to ensure accountability and compliance with federal guidelines.
- Exchange direct correspondence with your Twin 1 – 4 times each year. Email is usually the best option, although some Twins keep in contact via text message. If necessary, use an internet translator to facilitate communication.
- Pray for your Twin and the communities they serve.
Where Can My Conference Twin?
International Twinning is divided into three Regions: Asia, Africa, and the Americas. The United States and Canada Twin with the Americas, which encompasses Central and South America and the Caribbean. Contact Elizabeth Martinez, International Twinning Coordinator, to find out what Conferences are waiting for a Twinning partner.
|Twinning Application||899.75 KB||05-20-2022||DownloadPreview|
|Twinning brochure 2021||14.95 MB||02-02-2022||DownloadPreview|
|International Twinning Manual||764.56 KB||07-28-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Communication Form (ENG)||62.71 KB||07-28-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Communication Form (SPA)||113.77 KB||07-28-2021||DownloadPreview|