• Search the Site

12-2-2021 Questions and Answers

12-2-2021 Questions and Answers

12-2-2021 Questions and Answers 1200 628 Jill Pioter

Q: Some Conference members purchase Christmas gifts with their personal funds, which they deliver, along with a member of their family. Is this allowed?

A: Vincentians should refrain from providing help using their own personal resources, especially since those we serve will view the assistance as being provided by SVdP. This is permitted as long as it is done in the individual members names – not in the name of SVdP – and there would be no reimbursement in this case. Many Conferences throughout the country have Christmas Tree or Adopt-A-Family programs. The connection is for parishioners to provide gifts for the families. Members and their families may also participate in these programs.

Q:  If we collect funds in excess of our needs, can we combine the excess funds into our general account, or must we maintain them in a “special works” category in our accounting?

A: Funds can be used as the membership body determines. Excess funds collected for seasonal assistance (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) do not have to be escrowed into a special works account for annual use. Our friends are in need daily, and all resources should be available to serve those in need.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

    Privacy Preferences

    When you visit our website, it may store information through your browser from specific services, usually in the form of cookies. Here you can change your Privacy preferences. It is worth noting that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer.

    Click to enable/disable Google Analytics tracking code.
    Click to enable/disable Google Fonts.
    Click to enable/disable Google Maps.
    Click to enable/disable video embeds.
    Our website uses cookies, mainly from 3rd party services. Define your Privacy Preferences and/or agree to our use of cookies.
    Skip to content