Merry Christmas to all in our Thrift Stores and employees a little early!
We hope you are all thriving and enjoying the Holiday season so far. It is a great time of year for us to take care of our neighbors in need and ensure their Holiday is meaningful. Our Stores Committee would like to Thank ALL of you for all you do every day for SVdP! Thanks!
We have a few ideas for you to think about implementing in your stores during December to help grow your sales and take care of your customers.
Here they are:
- Review your store hours- Maybe open your stores on Sunday a couple weeks before Christmas.
- Does your store look like Christmas? Is there a BIG tree as you enter your store? Are there lights up- Christmas music playing. Festive!
- Maybe pick a Saturday to offer coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies.
- Is your store full of product priced for the holiday? This could include sweaters, coats/jackets, hats, gloves, sweatshirts, and stocking stuffers. (Don’t forget ugly Christmas sweaters!) Cookware, dish sets, and gifts. Price items for $1-$2 for kids to buy for their parents.
- Stores usually receive A LOT of Christmas decorations from last year. Price them right and move them quickly. Trees usually come in groves. Price them right and put them out on the floor! Don’t leave Holiday items in your backroom.
- Please be sure your store is warm, inviting, well-lit, and clean for Holiday customers. Make sure staff are engaging with customers.
- SVdP is a home where many shop with limited resources and need us to have our best foot forward! We are Macys to our customers!
These are just a few ideas to make our holiday season brighter for our neighbors in need. We know you all have dozens of ideas suggestions that make your stores special during the holidays! Thanks for all you do!
In closing- Please Cherish the Holiday time with friends and family. This time is precious and sometimes can be short.
Thanks for all you do and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Stores Committee.