Registration is opening soon for the 2022 National Assembly! Happening in Baltimore, Maryland at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront from August 30 – September 3.
- Overnight accommodations are available at the Marriott Baltimore Waterfront, $145 per room, per night, plus taxes. Reservations can be made online at Marriott Waterfront, or by contacting them at (410) 385-3000.
- Deadline for making a reservation at the group rate is August 9, 2022; after this date, room rates will be based on the prevailing rate.
- The Marriott Baltimore Waterfront is located in downtown Baltimore in the Harbor East neighborhood, approx. 12 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI).
Planning Your Trip to Baltimore
- Arrive early or stay late and enjoy all that Baltimore has to offer, plus special Baltimore Tours set up by our Host City Team. Check out the draft agenda.
- Exploring downtown Baltimore is easy, with dining, shopping, and entertainment all within walking distance from the hotel.
- Or jump in a cab and take a trip to one of the many historical sites Baltimore has to offer, including the Ft. McHenry National Monument, Edgar Allen Poe House & Museum, take the Baltimore Trolley Tour, and so much more.
- Take in a baseball game! Click to view games and times, with special Baltimore Orioles Ticket Pricing.
- Cruise the Bay on one of their many boat cruises & charters.
- Visit a brewery, winery, or a local restaurant.
We hope to see you in Baltimore!
Members of the Hispanic & Latino Task Force (HLTF), along with the other members of the Multicultural & Diversity Committee (MCD), i.e., African American Task Force, were honored with the opportunity to lead Vincentians attending the National Assembly in Houston in the public recitation of the Holy Rosary. The HLTF recited the Holy Rosary in Spanish and English, starting in Spanish and alternating the praying of the Mysteries between the two languages. The response from those in attendance was incredible! Many Vincentians expressed the joy and enthusiasm they felt from participating in the praying of the bilingual Rosary.
On Saturday, August 28, members of the HLTF were blessed to present a workshop in Spanish. Jaqueline De Leon, Pura Santanglo, and Lalo Rodela were honored to present the workshop, “Discovering and Nurturing Our Value as Future Servant Leaders.” There were 30 attendees at the workshop and the response was nothing short of amazing.
Many National Assembly attendees have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to attend a workshop in their preferred language (in many cases their only language), instead of listening to the translation of what is being presented. This is a testament to the growth of the seeds sown years ago by members of the MCD as well as our National President’s commitment to maintaining and increasing our diverse membership. These events demonstrate how the Society is increasing accessibility and opportunities for our Vincentian formation, as well as educating and advocating for the issues that directly impact those we serve, i.e., language barriers. Thank you to those who have spent numerous hours coming up with the strategies to make these things happen. Thank you to all those who assisted in making this happen and most of all, thank you to those who attended both of these beautiful events.
As Co-chairs of the HLTF, Jaqueline De Leon and Lalo Rodela are determined and excited about continuing to provide new opportunities to those we serve. Along with the representatives for each Region, they will continue to promote and support increased accessibility, opportunities, and advocacy to all those we serve.